Sept 15 (Reuters) - Gold prices held above the key psychological level of $1,800 as the dollar and bond yields came under pressure after a tamer-than-expected rise in U.S. inflation led to uncertainty on when the U.S. central bank will begin tapering its asset purchases.
* Spot gold XAU= was steady at $1,802.86 per ounce, as of 0120 GMT on Wednesday, having hit a one-week peak of $1,808.50 in the previous session.
* U.S. gold futures GCv1 eased 0.2% to $1,803.80.
* Consumer Price Index (CPI) was up just 0.1% last month, compared with an expected increase of 0.3%. That was the smallest gain in six months suggesting that inflation had probably peaked, though it could remain high for a while amid persistent supply constraints.
* The data has thrown a shade of uncertainty over the Federal Reserve's taper timeline. The Fed will hold a two-day monetary policy meeting next week.
* The CPI data weighed on the dollar index =USD , while the benchmark U.S. 10-year yield US10YT=RR hit its lowest reading since Aug. 24.
* Lower yields reduce the opportunity cost of holding the non-interest bearing bullion.
* Japanese manufacturers' confidence worsened to a five-month low in September as the fallout from the latest wave of COVID-19 put fresh pressure on the world's third-largest economy, the Reuters Tankan poll showed.
* Silver XAG= fell 0.1% to $23.81 per ounce.
* Platinum XPT= hit an over nine-month low of $930.85 and was last down 0.4% to $935.60.
* Palladium XPD = không đổi ở mức 1.979,16 USD. Giá đã chạm mức thấp nhất kể từ tháng 7 năm 2020 là 1.935 USD trong phiên trước đó. DỮ LIỆU / SỰ KIỆN (GMT) 0200 Trung Quốc
Đầu tư đô thị (YTD) YY 0200 Trung Quốc
Sản lượng công nghiệp YY 0200 Trung Quốc
Doanh số bán lẻ YY 0600 Vương quốc Anh
CPI YY 0645 Pháp CPI (Định mức EU) Tháng cuối cùng, 1000 YY EU
Tổng tài sản dự trữ là 1315 US
Báo cáo MM Sản xuất Công nghiệp
của Eileen Soreng ở Bengaluru; Biên tập bởi Sherry Jacob-Phillips